Friday, September 18, 2009

Blair Morris Watches Taping of Football Games

In Grade 11, Pineridge Cablecast System came in and demonstrated how television shows were made. I was hooked. They took me on as an apprentice or an intern and paid me nothing to work in their little studio on King Street East. I loved it. I was a cameraman, floor director and technical director running the control board for barely-watched shows that were big hits at the Whitby Psychiatric Hospital. The biggest show that I produced was a Country & Western show called "Norm Babineau and The Country Doves". We got fan mail from the psych hospital.

Because there was a lot of empty air time, they let me take the video camera, and film our OCHS football games. I then took the tape back to the studio and let it run solidly without break over the air -- sometimes with a bit commentary from myself, using the built-in mike on the camera.

Here teacher Blair Morris watches me film a football game. I don't know the dude in the tam-o'shanter with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment