Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Souvenirs



Well the 50th reunion of the school is come and gone, and I have to say that I was a little disappointed at the turnout.  The website has less than 100 graduate profiles out of a cast of thousands.  Considering that high school is a seminal part of our development as adults, I would have thought that the turnout would be larger.

I have come to another logical end of my content for this blog of memories of St. Joseph High / Oshawa Catholic High / Monsignor Paul Dwyer High.  I have run out of pictures to post.  If you have some, please forward them to me, and I will post them.

Thanks for stopping by. The late Steve Goodman wrote a song called "Souvenirs" made famous by John Prine.  I think some of those lyrics are appropriate at this juncture:

Broken hearts and dirty windows
Make life difficult to see.
That's why last night and this morning
Always look the same to me.

Memories, they can't be boughten.
They can't be won at carnivals for free.
Well it took me years to get those souvenirs,
And I don't know how they slipped away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment