Friday, June 27, 2014

1970-1971 Teachers Continued

Going left to right, row by row:  Miss Holland (she taught me math.  Good math teacher with a British accent), Mrs. Kearns (she taught me French as well.  Glad for the French now, not because of the Quebec riverside summer home, but because of the regular visits to Provence in France), Sister Marie Howorth (she taught me Latin).  Tony Meagher (later priest and bishop -- he taught me English).  Miss Ruth Nicholls (had her for a number of years, always enjoyed her classes).  And we come to the inimitable Graham See (had a great jocular relationship with him, and developed pics for him.  RIP).  Mrs. Thompson (she taught me History.  One day Shorty [Glenn] McLaughlin made her cry.  The latest fad at the time was streaking your hair.  She had her hair streaked.  When she entered the classroom, Shorty said "Good Morning Mrs. Zebra".  It did not go over well.).  And then there is Tony White our gym teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment