Monday, March 27, 2017

Winter of 1970-71 - Skating at Oshawa Civic Auditorium

(click for larger image)

This photo was part of the "Place in the Sun" trailer of the 1971 yearbook. (See the post a few down with Cindy Germanis' pic).

The only person that I can positively identify is Len MacAvoy in the front foreground. I think that I see Paul Coros, Kathy Andrews, George Dragota and Mary Tass in the line, but I can't be sure.

The Oshawa Civic Auditorium was a landmark. I saw Bobby Orr play there with the Oshawa Generals. I saw the Green Gaels play lacrosse there. Of course we went skating there, and to watch hocky games by such teams as the Flying Fathers and other local hockey teams. Our school hockey team played there on occasion as well. As a kid, I also saw the circus there.


The Civic was demolished in the 2010 timeframe.  Like everything, time waits for no man.  Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment