Sunday, August 4, 2019

My Friend Danny Clancy -Lighthouse - Tower Of Song





I was really pleased to find this on Youtube. This is my friend from OCHS, Danny Clancy. We first met when Danny was in Grade 8 and I was already at OCHS. He attended Holy Cross and the graduation trip was a class camping trip at my uncle's streamside property near Hampton Ontario. My uncle was the principal of Holy Cross. Bob O'Donnell was a fellow counselor at the camp. Danny was into music then, and he and others, notably Rita Grotenhuis serenaded us by the camp fire every night.



Danny followed his dreams and went into the music business. His crowning achievement was when he was selected to be the lead singer for one of the most iconic bands in Canada - Lighthouse.



In this Youtube video, he is singing Leonard Cohen's "Tower of Song" for Leonard Cohen! This is a highlight in Canadian music history.



Glad you made it Danny.



This is a powerful rendition of "Tower of Song"! Enjoy the golden voice of Danny Clancy.

From my pic collection of that camping trip, here's what he looked like in those halcyon days of our high school era:





No comments:

Post a Comment