Saturday, December 26, 2009

Graham See Clowning Around the Christmas Tree

With a Christmas tree ornament stuck to his nose, Graham See plays the clown at Christmas.

Meanwhile for something completely different:

While going through my Kodachrome archives, I came across the following graphics. One year (1972, I believe), the illustrated book "A Charlie Brown Christmas" was in my stocking. For some inexplicable reason, I started photographing the pages with Kodachrome slide film. The scanned Kodachrome images were in my archives from the 1970's and I include them as a nostalgic look back:






And on a non-Christmas theme, the computer science class went to Durham College when Art Chai taught us Cobol in Grade 12. The computer students at Durham College were adept at making ASCII art. Back in the day, the only type of computer printers were the large impact printers with the perforations for the spokes to pull the paper through the printer.

The Durham College students made the huge ASCII art mural of Sylvester the Cat with various letters and characters on the keyboard. I photographed that too, and created a bit of an inset of Sylvester's face to show how the X's, M's and periods were combined to make the "art".
I have no explanation as to why I took these photos other than there was film in the camera, and as the old saying goes "To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail".

No comments:

Post a Comment