Thursday, January 7, 2010

On Hiatus -- Image Shortage.

I am back in the tropics, and horror of horrors, I left the external hard disk with all of my images back in Canada. I have nothing. Nada. I am going through the terrabyte drive to see if there are any remaining scans that I have here. It doesn't look good. If not, there will be no further additions for a month until I can get someone to get my images to me, or I go back myself. Sorry for the inconvenience. I leave you these 1970's archive pics.













Man, the Mother's Pizza on Ritson Road at King Street still looms large in my memory as the best pizza that I have ever had. I used to have a coke glass from Mother's Pizza as pictured above. I rarely used it, but one day I did. It survived some thirty years and countless moves. My daughter and her boyfriend decided to be nice and do the dishes. The boyfriend broke it while washing dishes. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I also had, and I say, had a glass from " MOTHERS ". It was the best pizza ever. You have made my evening and warmed my home sick heart. You see, I was born and raised in Oshawa, went to a different high school, but seeing Oshawa in those years through your eyes, has left me chuckling inside. Then feeling the sentimental past of Oshawa. I knew Rob Van de Valk very well, as he worked with my ex husband at the Whitby Post Office. Gary De Pratto was my husbands name. It was a lot of years Gary and Rob hung out together, and drank, lol. I now live in Gillam M.B., thats above the 56th parallel deep in the thick boreal forest, just before Churchill. I think we have about a thousand people, give a hundred or two. Manitoba Hydro Dams is why I am here. So seeing those pictures and reading everything gave me laughs and many smiles. Thanks Karen De Pratto

    ReplyDelete