Wednesday, October 3, 2012

50th Co-inky-Dink


What a coincidence.  MCVI - RSMcLaughlin Collegiate and Vocational Institute located across Rossland Road, almost neighbours of Dwyer/OCHS at 570 Stevenson Road is having their 50th Anniversary as well.

A reader wrote me asking if there was a football rivalry between the two schools.  I couldn't remember.  The reader further adds:


 I was in Dwyer from 84/85 on. I'm almost positive McLaughlin had a football back then, though they no longer do.

I'm thrilled to have stumbled across your site. I've been on it since and have shared it with many of my old classmates. Though, the 50th Reunion site Memorials saddens me. I'm seeing some people that shared classes with me. 

On the bright side - Jack Cole!!! OMG he was my hero. 

Thank you so much for putting this together. What an amazing journey back in time. 

So do any of you remember (a) if McLaughlin had a football team and (b) if there was an intense rivalry between Dwyer/OCHS on the gridiron.

Inquiring minds gotta know.  Please leave a comment if you can shed some light on this matter.  Thanks.

Update:  It didn't take long.  MCVI did have a team, and according to Joan's research, the newly formed OCHS team beat them badly in our first season 26-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment