Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tuition Receipt ~ 1971

Back in the day, the province of Ontario didn't pay for Catholic education beyond Grade 10. Hence students in Grades 11 through to 13 had to pay tuition. It was pathetically inexpensive considering the quality of education that we received. It was a $60 payment three times per year.

Stanley Karwowski was a year or two behind me at OCHS, and his brother Roman was a year ahead in my older brother's class. Stan is now a school board trustee. Recently he was going through his father's effects and he found the above receipt for OCHS tuition. It was signed by Mrs. Smegal, the secretary at OCHS.

In my case, my tuition was covered by the Saint Gregory's Catholic Women's League through scholarship, and I am grateful to that organization for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment