Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Picture Miscellany -- 1976 Graduation and Paul Dwyer's Chalice

I have a couple of pictures to post today. The first above, is the graduation ceremony of 1976 I believe. If someone recognizes the people or can correct the year, I would appreciate it in a comment.

Secondly, I was going through some of the images, and I came across this photo. I distinctly remember taking this. I took it inside the sacristy of St. Gregory the Great Church on Simcoe Street. It is Monsignor Paul Dwyer's personal paten and chalice that he used to celebrate Mass. I took the pic because he was celebrating a milestone in his priesthood and this was to be used as one of the graphics. I remember him telling me that his family chipped in to buy the chalice when he was ordained.
I have poured water and wine hundreds of times into this chalice as an altar boy.

1 comment: