Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Miscellany

On Sundays on this blog, I try to mix it up with the images and present some that are not exactly specific to Oshawa Catholic High School, but specific to my life at that place and time. I was quite a prolific and undiscerning photographer (I snapped a picture of almost everything), and strangely enough, it is those images that give a greater sense of what it was like back then.

Being Sunday, here is a shot of St. Gregory's church before Mass on a Sunday. I was always early because I was an altar boy.

The photo of the South Plant at General Motors was taken as part of my Urban Studies project. My father and some of my brothers worked at Generous Motors.

Some of the trucks from the Truck Plant await shipment to the custom shops that will finish them.

This was the urban sprawl that characterized North Oshawa. I grew up on this street. I moved there while I was in grade school at St. Joseph's and the area shown in the picture was just fields. Soon it became a cookie cutter subdivision. Each house had its TV antenna. When you drive by now, all of the little stick saplings are mature trees.

The photo below is left over from Urban Studies fly day. It is taken at the Oshawa airport. Dan Dalby takes pictures while John Ten Haaf relaxes in a chair (right). I don't know the female between them looking inside the hangar.


No comments:

Post a Comment