Friday, May 7, 2010

My Graduation

This is my graduating class. We were arranged in height from shortest to tallest girls, then from tallest to shortest boys. You can see that Yvonne Jensen was the second tallest girl and Joan Downey was the tallest girl. John Ten Haaf was the tallest boy, followed by Andre Grotenhuis, Mike Ivanco, Ted van der laan, Gerald Coe and Rocco Ambra.

In the very front row are Mr. and Mrs. Yanch. They were generous in supporting the school in many ways, including sending their children there. They also endowed it with their money. That year was a good year for me. I was presented with the J.A. Yanch Scholarship Award as Outstanding Male Graduate, and the R.S. McLaughlin Award for Academic Excellence. Those two cash awards contributed to my university education, and it was truly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment