Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On Hiatus -- Victoria Day

The blog is taking a break for several days. I am going back to Canada for a few days. It will be great to spend the Victoria Day (May 24th weekend) in Canada.

As much as I like the beaches, sun and sand of the tropics, I do miss the good stuff in Canada.

Among these are courteous drivers, cheap and plentiful fruit, wide open spaces, the ability to drive further than 21 miles without hitting a shore, smooth roads, good movies, restaurants that do not take for first born for a decent meal, cooler weather, swimming in a lake (Kingsmere Lake here I come), inexpensive golf, things that work, getting things done in five minutes (like going to the bank, etc), efficient customer service, knowledgeable store clerks, and friendly people. See you on the flip side when I am back in the tropics. Have a great holiday weekend. I know that I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment