Melinda Marks wrote the above Teen Talk column for the Oshawa Times, taken from their archives. In it, among news of a Christmas dance played by a band called the "Rubber Banned" (which ironically is a strange name for a band to play at a Catholic school), Melinda also told of a toboggan party at the Oshawa Golf Course. I must say that Sister Conrad, the principal liked these sort of student activities and encouraged them.
But the big news was that the California Cuties were coming to play the boys basketball team at OCHS. I looked them up. They were a comedy, wannabe team emulating the Harlem Globetrotters. They had a midget on their team. I was able to find an online image of some of the players.
Since this was entertainment and not real basketball, I don't think that the score mattered. This was big news in the Oshawa Times:
No comments:
Post a Comment