Monday, March 29, 2010

Comparison Then and Now

A reader left a comment urging me to go to Google maps and compare the latest incarnation of the high school with the image that I posted of the aerial shot that I took of it in the 1970's. I did.

The basic H-shape of the school is gone, filled in by expansion. This is the new:
And this is the old:

There are new parking lots, a ring road around the school, and a huge building immediately west of the school that wasn't there.

However, I do have a shot of some bulldozers on that location that I did take in 1973, so you sort of knew that the empty fields wouldn't last long:
I guess that the old saying is true, that change is inevitable -- except from a vending machine.

1 comment:

  1. The building to the west is the Durham Catholic District School Board.

    ReplyDelete