Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tell Me on a Sunday Memories

Another Sunday morning and another grab bag of memories, of OCHS, the 1970's, memorabilia, Oshawa and stuff. I start with with another block of classmates of mine:

Top row: Kathie Andrews (R.I.P.), yours truly, Mike Bukoski,
Center Row: David Cooper, Carolyn Corrigan, Paul Coros,
Bottom Row: Joan Downey, George Dragota, Barb Finley


The above political cartoon is a real sign of the times back then. To me it accurately depicts the divide between the establishment and the beat generation or the youth. I did some googling to try and identify the Trudeau cabinet minister from 1973 doling out the largesse to the hippies, but to no avail yet. (Update: Pictured above, I believe is Secretary of State Gerard Pelletier of the Trudeau cabinet, responsible for the OFY program).

Pictured above is a bicycle speedometer from one of my bikes from the high school era.

Everyone remembers giving these for Christmas and Valentine's Day. Black Magic was made by Rowntree Mackintosh, a British company selling in the Commonwealth as well.


This funky box was in the garage, so I photographed it for posterity. Check out the depiction of the TV in the drawing at the upper right.

I snapped the above frame in the Eatons Department Store at the Oshawa Center. I worked there in the camera department all through my high school years.
(Interestingly enough, I think that I can make out the word Sears in the upper right. Yet I know for a fact that this is Eatons because I have a whole series of pics of my Eatons co-workers with the same background as above).

I believe that the above is a program from the re-dedication of the school from OCHS to Paul Dwyer High School in 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment