Monday, March 8, 2010

Sister Dorothy Schweitzer

Sister Dorothy Schweitzer lived in the adjoining convent at OCHS and was a nun and teacher. I was never in any of her classes so I am unsure of what disciplines that she taught. Perhaps a reader could leave a comment and sort us out as to her role on the teaching staff.

Update: Thank you, reader, for the comment. Sister Dorothy taught English. I believe that Sister Dorothy is back in the SSJ motherhouse in Toronto now, but I could be mistaken. I gleaned this factoid by reading their website. Thanks again for the additional info.

2 comments:

  1. Sister Dorothy taught English. I believe she was originally from the US, and then I heard she left OCHS and went West - possibly Vancouver? I loved Sister Dorothy. She had a wry sense of humor and she was always kind and encouraging. (And she loved my writing, although, unfortunately, that's not something I continued to do.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Dorothy taught me math in grade 9 and 10

    Dianne Ciosk

    ReplyDelete