Sunday, March 21, 2010

On Sunday Morning, You Have Sure Changed Since Yesterday

On a Sunday morning, I have my usual data dump, not only of OCHS images, but of images of Oshawa and environs in the 1970's when I was there.

The first pic is OCHS specific. It is school secretary Mrs. Dubie. I believe that her first name was her initial. I think that she was Kay Dubie, but I cannot be sure. She is pictured in the library, and this photo of her appeared in the 1974 yearbook.

I snapped the pic below at the corner of Thornton Road and Taunton Road. Thornton Road is the first crossroad going west of Stevenson Road on Rossland Road where the high school is located. I am sure that the gas bar is now torn down for a subdivision. This was a warm spring day shot of boys and their bicycles.

The final series of pictures were of the Oshawa City Hall. I shot these frames for my Urban Studies project on the coming of Regional Government.

Above is the south tower. At the time, the building was fairly new, although I understand that it is being renovated and added to.

The north tower is pictured above.

The 'courtyard' of city hall in 1973.

1 comment:

  1. An update regarding that gas station. I lived on Rossland Road just west of Thornton since 1957 and there was never a gas station/store there. The closest one was the Power Store, eventually Jury and Lovell at Rossland and Stevenson. I think that picture was the store at Garrard Road and Taunton.

    ReplyDelete